I love smoothies, but I have always found it hard to incorporate greens into my smoothies because I am so use to the idea of my smoothie being sweet! Well, this past weekend I was messing around with some smoothie recipes and viola! I found the perfect green smoothie recipe that is light and refreshing and perfect for summer.
What I love about green smoothies is you can make them ahead, put them in an airtight container in the fridge, and instantly you have breakfast for 2 days! It’s super convenient, and I’m all about a great recipe + convenience!
Here is the best green smoothie recipe I have found, PS did I mention it’s less than 300 calories per serving?:
Makes 2 Servings (Approx. 295 Calories Per Serving)
Green Smoothie Ingredients
1 cup baby spinach leaves, washed
1 cup almond milk (sub with soy, rice, hemp, or coconut water if desired – may alter calorie count)
1 medium Fuji apply
1 large banana
3 pitted Medjool dates
2 tbsp. almond butter
Add ice as desired to thin consistency out or make smoothie cold
1. Place spinach and almond milk in blender and blend until smooth.
2. Add chopped apple and blend until smooth.
3. Add chopped banana and blend until smooth.
4. Add chopped medjool dates and blend until smooth.
5. Add almond butter and blend until smooth.
6. Add ice, if desired, until prefect consistency is reached.
7. Divide into 2 portions. Enjoy one immediately, store the other in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
I hope that you love this green smoothie recipe as much as I do! The best part about smoothies? Making them your own! So add whatever else you like that you think will make it even more awesome!