So summer is upon us, and that means pool parties and beach trips! Which, unfortunately, means that I have to put on a bikini….. after months of not sticking to a strict diet over the winter. And to top it off, I have my wedding dress fitting in less than 2 months! All of this means I am buckling down, exercising, and watching my calories to make sure I look, but most importantly feel, healthy and amazing this summer!
“Calorie counting” isn’t much fun, but if you get it down right it really does help you slim down and eat better. The key is portion control and understanding exactly what you are eating. For me, it’s easier to do this if I have simple, quick, go-to recipes that I know to the T and fall in at 350 calories or less.
This way I don’t have to look up every ingredient, every time, for every meal – I can just know what each meal contains, and jot it down to keep track for the day. Or even make daily menus that I know fall within the range of calories I need! It makes life a little easier
So, I thought I would share some of my favorite low calorie quick and easy breakfasts with you guys, to help jump start your day and help you get healthy for summer!
Niki’s Top 5 Low Calorie, Quick Breakfasts
1. Half of a large red grapefruit lightly sprinkled with Truvia + 2 large soft/hard boiled eggs + 1 cup green tea + 1 cup water (Approx. 200 calories)
2. Peanut butter & banana smoothie = 10 oz. skim milk + 1 medium banana + 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter (Approx. 303 calories)
3. Yoplait Greek 100 Yogurt (any flavor) + 1/2 cup sliced strawberries + 1 slice whole wheat toast (Nature’s Own 100% whole wheat), plain + 1 cup green tea + 1 cup water (Approx. 185 calories)
4. Two large scrambled eggs + 2 tbsp. Pace chunky salsa + 1 slice whole wheat toast, plain + 1 cup green tea + 1 cup water (Approx. 210 calories)
5. 1/2 cup Quaker Quick Cook Oats + 1 tsp. vanilla extract + 1/2 cup sliced strawberries + 1 cup green tea + 1 cup water (Approx. 195 calories)
These are all lightning fast, tasty solutions for a healthy, low-calorie breakfast. Any of these takes less than 15 minutes to prepare, and with a little planning you can even make some of these at work if you have access to a fridge, microwave and toaster The smoothie is also great on the go if you are rushing out the door!