Everyone has their tried and true staple meals. Those quick and easy recipes that you don’t even have to read because you know them forward and backward. But some nights, well some nights you just want to try something new – but still quick and easy
Tonight I needed to throw together a quick dinner since the day got away from me at work, and I didn’t want to eat suuuuper late. So I put on my thinking cap and threw together a few ingredients to make a yummy, and fast, garlic baked chicken! This recipe was easy and tasty, and thanks to a few breadcrumbs it felt hearty and comforting – without upping the calories!
Makes 2 Servings
- 1 large egg
- 1 large chicken breast, sliced into 2 cutlets
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. of Flavor God Garlic seasoning (available on-line @ www.flavorgod.com)
- Half a teaspoon minced garlic
- Pinch of garlic salt, salt, pepper & oregano (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup, set aside.
3. Combine breadcrumbs, seasonings and minced garlic in a large bowl, set aside.
4. Crack egg into a separate bowl and whisk briskly to mix, set aside.
5. Dredge both sides of a cutlet in the egg mixture until coated, and then the breadcrumb mixture until evenly coated. Place coated cutlet on parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with the other cutlet.
6. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes; depending on your oven temperature. Check after 12 minutes to make sure you don’t dry the chicken out.
And there is it – a simple, delicious meal in less than 30 minutes! Not to mention healthy – each cutlet comes in at approximately 275 calories I enjoyed mine with a side of sauteed yellow squash & zucchini (seasoned with Flavor God Everything Seasoning) annnd half of a plain baked sweet potato – both leftovers from my dinner last night
I’ve learned that one of the big helps in eating healthy, for me, is cooking a little extra and having left overs for weeknights when you have limited time. Knowing that you really only need 30 minutes to get a healthy, filling meal on the table makes stopping at a fast food place on the way home a lot less tempting!