I got this recipe from a friend of mine who is a loyal vegetarian. It’s simple but oh-so-tasty and seems to be loved by all who try it
These potatoes are a great side dish for any lunch or dinner, and taste just as good heated up the next day! They are a simple way to spice up dinner and add a little variety to your average potato side dish.
Makes 6 Servings
6 Medium/Large Potatoes
1 tbsp. Turmeric
1 tbsp. Paprika
2 tbsp. Mild Curry Powder
*Preheat oven to 425 degrees*
1. Wash potatoes well and cut each into 4 wedges. You can peel them if desired, but I like leaving the skins on because they taste fine and it’s a lot less work!
2. Place wedges in large mixing bowl.
3. Combine turmeric, paprika, and curry powder in a small bowl.
4. Pour a little olive oil in the large mixing bowl with the potato wedges and toss them around, so each are lightly coated with oil.
5. Sprinkle seasoning mix over wedges in large bowl, using a large serving spoon (because turmeric can stain!) to toss the potatoes – make sure they are all evenly coated.
6. Using tongs place the wedges skin side down on a lightly greased cookie sheet. You can also put parchment paper down on the cookie sheet to help prevent staining.
7. Sprinkle wedges with salt and place the cookie sheet in the oven, cook for 28 – 30 minutes.
That’s it! All done! Delicious and different potatoes, and for kids – they go great with ketchup